Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Reflections

1. There were many tools that were new to me. I enjoyed learning about something on almost every tool. I don't think that I will be much of a blogger but tools like Jing, Diigo and Skype were very interesting and I will definitely take time to learn them better. Google apps and Google docs are tools that just need to be learned and added to my daily routine. I am not sure what I will use in my class since this is my first year in Resource and I will be teaching LLI. But I am sure that as the year goes by that there will be many opportunities to use some of the things I have learned.
2. I do see how everything is moving and changing in the classroom with these tools. The kids love their computers and working with them. I know I see so many other ways we can possible to some things. It is difficult for the teachers to find the time to learn about and get proficient with all these tools and somehow it all needs to be balanced for the teacher.
3. The biggest surprise was just there were so many things I had never heard or seen before. I thought I was doing OK on my computer but I realize now that I had fallen way behind. I need to spread my wings and fly into the 21st century.

No comments:

Post a Comment